Monday 19 March 2012

Chicago - my kind of town


Here I am in the Butcher and Larder with owner Rob Levitt. We had a great demo, Rob braised lamb neck with olives, lemon and mint from Odd Bitsand I made blood pancakes, which surprised and fascinated the group. There was a complaint - they didn't taste weird enough! They just tasted delicious. With such a keen and educated group I'm expecting blood waffles, blood bread and pancakes will be common fare in Chicago soon.

I had a great time with the Culinary Historians. I love this group as I always learn something, this time it was about medieval philosophy, more later.

So I want to thank everyone, but especially Mark S for encouraging me to come back to Chicago. Not only did Mark advise me where to eat and drink, he introduced me to like minded foodies over a very spicy Northern Thai lunch. Thank you Mark, thank you Chicago, and thank you weather gods for providing the summer like weather.

Warm sunshine, blossom, nose-to-tail eating, fabulous cocktails and a green river to celebrate St Paddy's day. Chicago is my kind of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment