Tuesday 24 November 2009

Meat and Book Club


I've been writing, talking and reading about eating meat lately so I couldn't resist posting this photo. Now if that doesn't make you hungry I don't know what will!

One of the books I'm reading is The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability. While I think the book would have been improved with some serious editing it is interesting to read the views of  an avowed vegetarian and now argues the case for meat. She makes many good points. If you believe killing animals is wrong then you must examine how crops like corn and soy are grown. These crops kill many animals  and birds and destroy natural habitats.

On a related but different tack you might want to check this out 21 Life Lessons from Livin' La Vida Low-carb: How the Healthy Low-carb Lifestyle Changed Everything I Thought I Knew.

Jimmy Moore is a big fan of my book Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient, with Recipes so I am happy to give him a plug. I know Jimmy would not approve of those fried potatoes with my steak, sorry Jimmy, but I love my carbs and life without another croissant for me is unthinkable. However, many people benefit from the lifestyle Jimmy advocates and most importantly he has helped bust many of the myths concerning eating meat and fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment